Upper Mustang Trek
|Group size:||1-12 people||Max-Altitude:||3,810m/12,500ft|
|Destination:||Nepal||Trip Grade level:||Moderate|
|Arrival on:||Kathmandu, Nepal||Departure from:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu & Pokhara and all meals during the trek|
|Accommodation:||Hotel accomodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara and teahouses during the trek|
- Explore the World famous trekking route in a lap of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri region.
- Explore the ancient century old monasteries, gompa, caves and Buddhist stupa along the trek.
- Stunning views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri mountain and other Himalayas.
- Experience the authentic Tibet religion and culture.
- Feel the spiritual inner you.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek Preparation
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (827m/2689ft): 5-6 hours
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2,700m/8898ft) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m/9,216ft): 3-4 hours trek
Day 05: Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m/10,004ft): 5-6 hours
Day 06: Chele to Syanbochen (3,475m/11,398ft): 6-7 hours
Day 07: Syanbochen to Ghami (3,520m/11,546ft): 5-6 hours
Day 08: Ghami to Tsarang (3,620m/11,873ft): 5-6 hours
Day 09: Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3,730m/12,234ft): 3-4 hours
Day 10: Explore Lo Manthang/ Acclimatization
Day 11: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar (3810 m/12,500ft): 6-7 hours
Day 12: Drakmar to Ghiling (3,806m/12,484ft): 5-6 hours
Day 13: Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m/10,004ft): 5-6 hours
Day 14: Chhuksang to Jomsom (2,700/8,856ft): 6-7 hours
Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 17: Final departure
- Basic lodge accommodation on trek
- 3 nights 3 star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu – on twin sharing with breakfast
- 2 nights 3 star hotel accommodation in Pokhara – on twin sharing with breakfast
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) as per above program during the trekking
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- Flight from Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara inclusive with airport tax. If in case the flight is not possible due to bad weather or overbooked alternative transportation by jeep will be arranged
- All necessary ground transportation: Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- All necessary permits (Annapurna Conservation Area and Special trekking permit for Upper Mustang).
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide
- Porter to carry personal gear
- 15kg luggage allowance while on a trek
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu and Pokhara (International and domestic both).
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Cost for extra usage of vehicle, other than scheduled & mentioned in the itinerary.
- Cost for any other service not mentioned under the “Cost Includes” Head
- Travel Insurance
- Additional cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like – landslides, road blockage, etc. In such case, extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Payment for service provided on a personal request.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bottled water, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips etc.
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
Day 1 Arrive Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
On the very first day of the trip our representative will give you a warm welcome at airport, take you to your hotel and explains all the details about the program briefly so that you can make your mind for the tour tomorrow to Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing. You can visit some local places of Kathmandu or rest in hotel the choice is yours.
Day 2 Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek Preparation
On this day, We can sightseeing the Kathmandu Heritage site. You can see the century-old temples, culture architecture and many more. we also prepare the trekking for tomorrow.
Day 3 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (827m/2689ft) [5-6 hours]
The next day our representative will once again meet you and escort you to your destination Pokhara which is one of the top tourist spot of Nepal. It takes 5-6 hours drive from Kathmandu and distance is 200 km.
Day 4 Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2,700m/8898ft) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m/9,216ft) [3-4 hours trek]
Today, we fly early morning from Pokhara to Jomsom which lies at an altitude of 2720 meters. During the flight, you can see the spectacular views of Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri mountain and world’s deepest gorge, Kali Gandaki. once we land at airport, we start trekking about three and half hours, you will reach at Kagbeni where you can see the few monasteries, old mud houses, temples and more. If in case the flight is not possible due to bad weather or overbooked, alternative transportation will be arranged by using jeep.
Day 5 Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m/10,004ft) [5-6 hours trek]
First, our permit will check by check post office, then our trek begin on a trail alongside the Kali Gandaki River. we come across the villages of Tangbe and Chussanng. Befire reaching Chele, we have to cross the bridge over Kali Gandaki and go up around 35 minutes to reach Chele Village.
Day 6 Chele to Syanbochen (3,475m/11,398ft) [6-7 hours trek]
Our trek from today will be a little hard compared to what we experienced before. Our walk today involves crossing two passes, Taklam La pass (3624m) and Dajori La pass (3735m). on the way, we enjoy great views of Tilicho, Yakawa Kang and Damodar Danda and pass by Ramchung Cave. We descend further and reach Samar village. from there, we continue to walk on a trail above the village and reach a ridge. Next, we descend on a steep trail to stream and continue our trek to Syanboche.
Day 7 Syanbochen to Ghami (3,520m/11,546ft) [5-6 hours trek]
Today, we ascend the Yamda La Pass 3850m. On the way, we pass by a few teahouses, chorten and villages. We trek through poplar forest and barley field and reach Nyi Pass 4010m. From here, we descend to Ghami village, it is one of the biggest villages in the Lo region.
Day 8 Ghami to Tsarang (3,620m/11,873ft) [5-6 hours trek]
Today, trek begins with descend through rough and slippery trail. we cross a suspension bridge over a Ghami Khola and begin ascending. The trail is beautiful with mani walls alongside. Then, we cross the Tsarang La Pass 3870m and reach Tsarang village.
Day 9 Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3,730m/12,234ft) [3-4 hours trek]
Our Trek begin by descending to a canyon and cross a river before begining to ascending uphill trek to Lo La pass at 3950m. From the top of pass, we can see the beautiful view of Lo Manthang village.From that point, we descend to Lo Manthang which is covered by walled vllage. From here, you can see the Niligiri, Tilicho, Annapurna I, Bhikuti peak and Damodar kunda is quite good.
Day 10 Explore Lo Manthang/ Acclimatization
Lo Manthang is a walled town of Upper Mustang region of Nepal. On this day, we explore around the Lo Manthang where we day tour around three major gompas namely Jhama, Thupchen and Chhoeda in Chhoser.
Day 11 Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar (3810 m/12,500ft) [6-7 hours trek]
Today, we trek toward to Dhakmar (3810m) via Marang La Pass (4230m) and Ghar Gompa. We explore the gompa and continue our trek and stay at Drakmar.
Day 12 Drakmar to Ghiling (3,806m/12,484ft) [5-6 hours trek]
We start our trek early on morning to avoid strong winds and descend the most part of the trek. Our trail passes through a dry land region and fields before reaching Ghiling. The walk can be difficult as well as we experience strong winds on our face. Ghiling is mostly dry. We can see the stunning views of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri mountains. We stay on this day at Ghiling.
Day 13 Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m/10,004ft) [5-6 hours trek]
We begin our trek after breakfast. We walk on the same trail as before going up to Lo Manthang. we can enjoy great views of the Himalayas and small villages on the way to Chhuksang.
Day 14 Chhuksang to Jomsom (2,700/8,856ft) [6-7 hourstrek]
Today, our last day to trek which long walk. After trekking or a while, we end our Mustang trails and join the trails of Annapurna Circuit. we stop for lunch at Kagbeni. After lunch, we continue our trek to reach Jomsom for overnight stay.
Day 15 Fly back to Pokhara
Early morning, we take flight to Pokhara. During the flight, we can see of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri mountain and also deepest gorge, Kaligandaki. After arriving to Pokhara, we can spend rest day in leisure.
Day 16 Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
After breakfast, we continue our journey back to Kathmandu.During journey, You can see the wonderful views of terraced hills and the rural Nepalese lifestyle along river side. After reaching Kathmandu, we take a rest or do some shopping.
Day 17 Farewell
A representative from Nepal Power Places will take us to the airport three hours before the scheduled flight. You can take with us amazing memories of trekking experience of Upper Mustang.
The given rates are per person with guaranteed departure schedules. If the given dates are not appropriate for you, please feel free to contact us for requesting a new date, we will gladly personalize the itinerary and schedule of the trip that fits for you.
Follow the guideline for Mountaineering expedition and trekking in Nepal by Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation.
Check our assured departure schedules given below:
|Start Date||End Date||Price in USD($)||Booking|
Useful Info during trekking at Annapurna Base Camp Trek
We like to share some useful info with necessary things and equipment during the tour.